Give & Get Friendly Open-Air Workshop Festival
Place of venue: Ogre district, Krape park.
Date: August 9th-12th August, 2012.
The idea of the festival is based on the following principles:
• Voluntary exchange of experience, using the format of workshops;
• Event without commerce;
• Event without alcohol;
• Social help;
• Nature, planet, humanity and health-friendly lifestyle and green thinking;
• Life ethics;
• Exploring people and cultural heritage;
• Practicality and cooperation.
• To demonstrate how much can be done by voluntary work and sharing knowledge;
• To awaken the society to start developing their own potential;
• To inspire people to see and develop their talents;
• To inspire young people to be responsible and creative;
• To inspire the society to take care of its physical and mental health, as well as the health of the whole mankind and planet;
• To promote the development of professional and interest education in Latvia;
• Combine and create new like-minded organizations and peer groups;
• To promote an alternative lifestyle ideas;
• To find alternative methods to promote social integration and to diminish social exclusion;
• To encourage and educate young people about family life;
• To find the use of things that are not being used anymore, by converting them or bringing them to those, who are in need.
• To promote cooperation between generations and nationalities.
Give & Get slogans:
Do = Create.
Give & Get - To care. To create.
Give & Get - To live differently.
Give & Get – Festival of emotions.
Give & Get – Let’s create a beautiful world together!
Drop the masks. Be real. Live.
Give & Get - adventure, that never ends.
Give & Get mission: to make dreams come true, and to seek out and bring together people, who can help to fulfill those dreams.
Friendly Open-Air Workshop Festival Give & Get will be organized for the second time.
2012 year’s events will take place in an old Manson Park (Krapes Muiza). The Park itself is taken care of local NGO and will host some of objects produced during the workshops.
Works of art, textiles, furniture, environmental amenity, tools and other newly created goods will be used for the festival stage design, visual decoration and financial support. After the festival, newly created goods will be donated to charity, and gifted with an appreciation to all supporters.
Festival in 9th-12th of August:
Seven festival’s creative areas will be set up:
- Butterfly (All performing arts);
- Adventure/Nature Area (The nature-related activities, forest trails, survival, etc.).
- Creative hands area (All that can be made by hands);
- Harmony (All about healthy living, harmony within oneself and the world, health therapy);
- Stage (music, theater, film, performance, improvisation);
- Storytelling area (people’s culture, tradition, cosmic awareness, inspiring stories etc.);
- Family Area (Children’s play area, lessons and workshops, lectures for parents and children, discussions on education, love, ancestral heritage and future opportunities, and other activities).
The following activities will be carried out:
• Music, concerts, DJ, Jam sessions, master classes, improvisation.
• Workshops. Educational lectures. Practical sessions. Development and implementation of ideas.
• Cultural and experience exchange points, stories, discussions, psychology methods.
• Spontaneous activity. Uniting events.
• Activities for families and children.
• Social participation and creation, involving local people and supporters.